Sponsored Program Applications Outline:
Sponsored Program Applications are processed through either the Hofstra University Office of Research and Sponsored Programs or the Northwell Health Grants Management Office. The decision regarding which office should process the application is based on the following:
- Sponsored Program Applications processed through the Hofstra University Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
- Sponsored Program Applications geared towards medical education research and development
- Sponsored Program Applications that require the applicant be a School of Medicine.
- Service awards specific to the School of Medicine (a service grant that is specific to the School of Medicine might meet any of the following criteria: work to benefit the medical scholars program, would develop and/or assist with a service program created or spearheaded by a medical student(s) and opportunities that allow for the co-mingling of medical students within the university’s surrounding communities)
- Training/Education of Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine Students (may have a subcontract to the Northwell Health)
- Sponsored Program Applications processed through the Northwell Health Grants Management Office
- Sponsored Program Applications that are geared towards basic, translational, and clinical research
- Sponsored Program Applications with animal study and/or human subject compliance requirements
- Service, training, research Sponsored Program Applications that take place primarily on a health system campus, utilize primarily health system resources or are conducted primarily by individuals compensated by the Health System (may have a subcontract to the School of Medicine)
- Sponsored Program Applications which involve the following activities are reviewed by the Dean of the Medical School and the Senior Vice President for Research or designees who then decide which office should process the application.
- Grants that involve both basic/clinician research and medical education
- Curriculum Research Training Grants, although training Awards (T32-like grants) with an educational component will be processed through the Northwell Health Grants Management Office if no expenses will be incurred at Hofstra University