When a student's payments exceed their billable charges, it results in a credit balance (negative amount) on their Hofstra account. Typically, these funds are used to help pay for living expenses.
Students may choose one of the following refund options:
eRefund ("Direct Deposit")
- Students may sign up to receive a refund electronically by setting up an eRefund account online. Enrolling in eRefund is just designating the preferred method to receive the funds; students will need to request a refund via the Hofstra portal each time a refund is anticipated. This applies not only to each term of an academic year but also each time an award is adjusted.
- Once an eRefund account is established, all future refunds will be processed to this designated account, unless the authorization is revoked by the student.
- The student will automatically receive an email each time that an eRefund is sent electronically to the designated account.
- It is the student's responsibility to ensure the bank account is entered correctly upon setup.
- Checks will be mailed to the mailing address listed on the student's account, which can be found on the Hofstra portal.
- NOTE: Students must ensure that the mailing address on the portal is accurate. If a check is sent to an address at which a student no longer resides, considerable delays will occur while the address is updated/corrected and a new check is issued.
- Checks will be available for pick up from the Office of Student Financial Services at Hofstra University located at 206 Memorial Hall (South Campus).
- The student will receive an email from the Office of Student Financial Services at Hofstra University once the check is ready to be picked up.
- The student must present their student ID card to receive the check.
- NOTE: If the check is not picked up after three (3) weeks, it will be mailed to the mailing address listed on the student's account, which can be found on the Hofstra portal.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Student Finance at the Zucker School of Medicine by Email or call 516-463-7523