Account/ Login Information
Visit Hofstra University's Information Technology website for more about campus wide computing services.
What is my Hofstra Username Network ID/ID Card Number?
All university students, faculty, administrators, and staff are issued a Hofstra ID card, where your Hofstra ID number is printed. You are required to carry your Hofstra ID card while on campus and at the school of medicine.
- If you have been issued a Hofstra ID card number (beginning with 700# or 701#), have this information ready when contacting the Help Desk at 516-463-7777 to retrieve your username.
Your Hofstra network username is your way of accessing Hofstra resources and services such as the Hofstra Portal, wireless network, logging unto campus workstations, and more.
- Note to faculty: If you are new faculty and do not have a Hofstra ID card number or a network ID, please send an email to SOM Faculty, and you will be contacted with this information.
If you have your Hofstra Username but have issues logging in with your password, please be sure to activate your account if you haven't already. For additional assistance, please contact the University’s Help Desk at 516-463-7777.
I am having trouble logging in with my Hofstra Username. How do I reset my password?
- If you have forgotten your Hofstra account password, please visit hofstra.edu/password and follow the onscreen instructions to reset your password. Please note, you will need access to the alternative email listed in your account to obtain a token access code to reset your password.
- Please be sure to follow the password reset guidelines. Your Hofstra password expires every 6 months.
Note: For security purposes, password reset assistance will only be provided to the account owner. Passwords will not be shared with secretaries or assistants.
Note to Northwell Faculty:Do not enter your social security number and your date of birth in the password reset page when prompted.
If you are unable to reset your password via the online system:
- If the above step does not resolve the issue, you may contact the University Help Desk at 516-463-7777. You may also send an email to the Help Desk describing your issue at firstname.lastname@example.org or open a Help Desk ticket through Self Service.
- You may visit for walk-in service during office hours. Please visit the Help Desk website for directions and walk-in office hours
I can’t login to my Hofstra email (Outlook) or I have forgotten my email password.
Hofstra faculty, administration and staff are issued Hofstra email accounts, which is a hosted solution through Microsoft Exchange 365. Your email password is the same as the password used to log into the Hofstra Portal (my.hofstra.edu).
You may visit email.hofstra.edu to access your email via the web. You may also access your email through the myHofstra Portal. Your username for email will be your full Hofstra email address. If you are unsuccessful with logging in using your Hofstra password, please follow the password reset instructions above.
If you are still unable to access your Hofstra email following these steps:
- You may contact the University Help Desk at 516-463-7777. You may also send an email to the Help Desk describing your issue at email@example.com or open a Help Desk ticket through Self Service.
- You may visit for walk-in service during office hours. Please visit the Help Desk website for directions and walk-in office hours.
I am a visiting faculty. How can I print from my laptop to the printers in the building and on campus?
Presently, there is no service available that allows non-students to print from personal laptops to Hofstra campus printers. However, you may use any dedicated public workstation available in the School of Medicine to print documents.
How do I enable secure printing to our network copiers?
If you are printing a confidential document to a network printer that is not near your office, you could consider using secure printing. Secure printing holds print jobs and releases them only after user confirmation is entered at the physical printer.
For more information about secure printing, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mobile and Wireless
How can I add my Hofstra Outlook email to my mobile device?
Microsoft Outlook app is available for both iOS and Android, and is recommended for access to employee/faculty email services.
You may access the download link for the Outlook app directly from the Microsoft site or search the app stores for Outlook on your mobile device.
How do I access Wireless Internet on my laptop or mobile device?
Access to the secure campus wireless network, eduroam, is available only to faculty, students, administration, and staff. Alumni and guests to the university may connect to our guest network, Hofstra Guest, to access wireless internet.
Please refer to Hofstra University’s connection guide for specific directions on how to connect to Hofstra University's wireless network.
For assistance with connecting to wireless networks, please contact University Help Desk at 516-463-7777.
I do not have a network ID with Hofstra. How do I access wireless while I am on campus?
If you are not an employee of Hofstra, you can use the unsecured Guest Network.
- All guests to Hofstra University may connect to “Hofstra Guest” – here you will be asked to register with a valid email address or mobile cell number. Please refer to Hofstra University’s guide to getting connected to Hofstra network for University guests.
Computer Hardware/Software Issues
My office workstation (desktop PC/ Mac) is not working or it won't turn on.
Please sure that your device is plugged in to the proper power source, then press the power button on both the monitor and/or computer unit.
If the issue persists, you may contact the University Help Desk at 516-463-7777. You may also send an email to the Help Desk describing your issue at email@example.com.
You do not need to be present for technicians to fix the issue, but it would be ideal if you notify the department secretary so that someone can let the technician into your office in your absence.
My computer is slow; I think there is something wrong with it.
All windows machines slow down if left on continuously for more than a day or so. Restart your computer every night as you prepare to leave. Some machines may take 10-12 minutes to load, so it is highly recommended that you restart your computer at the end of the day when you are getting ready to leave.
If the above step does not resolve the issue, may contact the University Help Desk at 516-463-7777. You may also send an email to the Help Desk describing your issue at firstname.lastname@example.org or open a Help Desk ticket through Self Service.
Where can I get can help with repairs for my personal (non-Hofstra) computer/mobile devices?
Computer Repair Center Services at Hofstra provides free diagnostics and full repair services to the entire Hofstra community.
The Computer Repair Center does not offer the following:
- Repair for mobile phones or tablets
- Loaner laptops, chargers, cables, parts or tools
- Laptop/phone power charging services
Visit the Computer Repair Center Services site for the location and operating hours.
I need additional hardware (Monitor, Mouse, Keyboard, etc.) for my desktop/laptop in my office. What do I do?
You may contact email@example.com, for assistance and recommendation on what is compatible and best for your needs.
How do I access Blackboard?
Blackboard is our campus learning management system, that can be accessed via the myHofstra.edu portal.
Login to the Hofstra portal with your username/password. You will find the Blackboard icon under “myapps”. Click on the Blackboard icon to be redirected to the sites homepage. You will find your courses listed on the right-hand side of the homepage.
I am teaching a course but I don't see it listed on the right-hand side in my Blackboard.
There are a few options:
Contact the Course Manager for the course if you know who he/she is. The Course Manager can tell you if you are in the course and how to access it, and also add you if you are missing from the course.
If you do not know who the course manager is, you may contact the Curriculum Support Office at 516-463-7575.
If you require additional assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
I cannot log into Blackboard.
This can happen for a variety of reasons.
- You are a new faculty member, and your application is still in process. In this case there is not much we can do until you have your 700# and / network ID. You may contact the Office of Faculty Affairs for more information.
- You are not a faculty member, but are hired as an administrator or staff member and require access to Blackboard, but are not actively “teaching” in any courses. If this is the case, please contact email@example.com with your Hofstra 700#.
I am a Course Director / Faculty and I would like another faculty/staff member to have access to my course. What do I do?
You may contact the Office of Curriculum Support at 516-463-7575 or by email.
I would like training in Blackboard, whom do I contact?
- Hofstra University’s EdTech department provides instructors and staff with training in Blackboard. Requests for training with an instructional designer should be submitted by emailing EdTech@Hofstra.edu.
- If you have a specific question about your Blackboard course, you may call the Office of Curriculum Support at 516-463-7575 or Nikia Lubin at 516-463-7558.
I am a faculty member and need access to software for research purposes. Where can I get this?
- Depending on the software that is needed, the university has limited licenses it can provide to faculty for research purposes.
- For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
I am an administrator and need specialized software that will assist with the duties associated with my job. Where can I get this?
- All specialized software for administrators are bought through the School of Medicine with department funds. Hofstra University does not purchase software for administrators.
- For more information, please contact us at email@example.com for assistance.
I am interested in acquiring a software application for the School of Medicine because I believe it supports a need that does not exist currently. Where do I begin?
- Please contact Nikia Lubin, Director of Information Service, firstname.lastname@example.org, by email with a description of the software need and possibly setting up an initial demo where the product can be evaluated.