Zucker School of Medicine
Match Day occurs on the third Friday of March each year at allopathic medical schools in the United States where the results of the National Resident Matching Program are announced.
It is an important milestone and a life-changing day for aspiring fourth year medical students nationwide revealing where they will train for the next three to seven years as new doctors.
At the Zucker School of Medicine's 2023 Match Day:
- 91 graduating students are participated.
- 100% matched.
- 14 states are represented with NY, PA, MA and CT capturing the most students.
- 3 couples matched.
- 23 students are staying at Northwell for residency.
- Top three specialties are internal medicine, radiology and anesthesiology.
- There are many competitive sub surgical specialty matches, such as urology, plastic surgery, thoracic and vascular.
SAVE THE DATE - Our next Match Day Ceremony will be held on Friday, March 15, 2024. For more information, please contact the Office of Student Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org.