All charges must be paid in full on the date established by the University for each semester. The only exception to this policy is for students enrolled in a payment plan. Any unpaid balances will be subject to late payment fees in accordance with the University's policy. Highlighted below are the payment options available to Zucker School of Medicine students.
Secure Electronic Checks
Tuition, room, dining, and related fees may be conveniently paid by personal check electronically on the Hofstra portal, 24 hours a day/7 days a week. Go to my.hofstra.edu and log in to the Hofstra Payment Center with your secure username and password.
Credit Card/Debit Card Payments
Using a secure website, you may use your debit or credit card to make a payment on your student account.
- Students and parents should log into MyHofstra using Firefox or Internet Explorer with the pop-up blocker disabled (Chrome and Safari are not fully compatible) and use the links to payment options under Student Accounts and click on the ‘View My Account’ tab
- You may use MasterCard, Visa, American Express, or Discover credit cards or debit cards with a MasterCard/Visa logo
- Note: PayPath/Heartland, an independent third party contractor, accepts payments to the student account and charges a non-refundable service fee based on the amount charged. The service fee is 2.85% (minimum $3) of the amount charged. This fee is established and charged solely by PayPath/Heartland and not by Hofstra University. The service fee is paid in full to and retained by PayPath/Heartland; the University does not receive any of this fee. The charge for the service fee will appear separately from the payment on your credit card statement.
529 Plan payments, Personal or Certified Checks or Money Orders
Mail payments directly to the address below or drop in our secure mail slot during regular business hours:
Hofstra University Office of the Bursar/Student Accounts
126 Hofstra University
Memorial Hall 205
Hempstead, NY 11549
Money Orders can easily be purchased at your local U.S. Post Office, supermarket, Walmart or bank.
Please indicate the student’s name and Hofstra ID for accurate account processing.
Checks must be made payable to Hofstra University, in U.S. dollars and drawn on a U.S. bank. When paying by check, you authorize check payments to be processed as Automated Clearing House (“ACH”) transactions, which immediately debit the account. The process will read the information from a paper check and convert it to an electronic payment or debit transaction. The result is that funds may be withdrawn from your account as soon as we receive your payment, and you will not receive your check back from your financial institution.
- Returned Checks: A check returned by the bank will be charged back to the student's account and in addition, a $25 returned check fee will be assessed. Further, a hold will be placed on the student's account prohibiting access to many of Hofstra University's services, including registration and transcripts, until the balance is resolved.
When a check has been returned, the student must remit payment in the form of cash, certified bank check or money order to satisfy the outstanding balance or the student's account will remain subject to account restrictions, including but not limited to, cancellation of the current term or future term registration for non-payment, restriction from payment via personal check, etc.
Hofstra reserves the right to rescind the option to pay by personal or electronic check.
Here are some quick links to help manage your Hofstra account, pay your bill, and keep track of important deadlines.
- Acknowledgment of Financial Responsibility
- Tuition & Fees
- Housing and Dining Rates
- More Payment Options
- Monthly Payment Plans
- Federal Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Tuition Refund Policy
- Tuition Refund Insurance
- Health Insurance Purchased Through ZSOM Refund Policy
- Residential Life Cancellation Policy and Refund Schedule
- Academic Leave